Man, it’s been a long week!
My thoughts are all over the place, so I’m going to bullet them for you. Well, I guess it’s more for me.
- I’m SO glad we didn’t enroll the kids in school this year. The district has worked overtime to make plans for virtual and eLearning but the schedule just wasn’t going to work for us.
- My hat’s off to public school teachers. They ALL deserve an award.
- I grossly overestimated how smoothly the kids would transition to a homeschool setting.
- Baby Jackson is living his best life around the four big kids and is a bright spot in our day.
- Preston and Lindi are four days apart in age and are spending every day together. It’s very possible one of them won’t make it out of 2020 alive. 😆
- At the end of each day, I can hardly move.
- The kids do not even ask for electronics during the school day. That makes me so happy.
- I love that our kids are growing up spending time with their cousins. We were always (and still are) so close with their parents. Makes my soul smile.
Overall, things were great. We’re going to have an exciting year! I’m just counting down the days till the temperature drops and we can spend more time outdoors. (In my old age, I can’t handle 90+ degrees!)
One final thought:
I’ve never been more thankful to know God. I wouldn’t want to live in the world right now (or ever) without my faith + knowing there’s more to the story.